F&I Training, Software and Reinsurance Strategies
Dealer Development Services
Your business is unique — and so are your reinsurance needs. That’s why DDS takes a custom approach to developing and managing your own new or pre-owned car dealership. We provide F&I staff training, software packages, and reinsurance solutions designed especially for each dealer, lender, and agent we serve.
Our broad portfolio of services includes:
Formation of profit participation programs from the ground up
Establishing reinsurance companies in offshore jurisdictions to control administrative costs
Expert administration and accounting
Corporate and client reporting, financials, and coordination of tax returns
Access to other producer participation programs
Integration of taxable or municipal bond fund options with custodial accounts
DDS F&I Training
The F&I Manager will learn skills to improve productivity and profitability in the F&I Department while ensuring compliance with every transaction.
In this class, the DKP instructor will develop the following skills:
- Establishing an F&I process and culture
- Conducting an effective customer interview
- Working efficiently with lenders
- Driving profitability and compliance
- Conducting effective product presentations
- Menu presentation techniques
- Objection handling techniques
- Proven role-play experience
Dealership Management Software
DDS software packages are designed to integrate F&I presentation seamlessly into your sales process. We connect directly with most dealership data management systems with tools to help sell financing and insurance products and track sales performance.
- Designed for F&I Presentations
- Connects to Dealer DMS
- Full Integration into Reporting Insights
- Instantly know how your business is performing
- Advanced Dealership Data Analysis
- Team up with IES
- Tablet Menu Presentations & Product Videos
- Realtime, web-based menus for seamless integration with products and payments
- PRU Analytics
- Generate F&I reports directly from DMS system
Profit Participation Programs
DKP’s profit participation programs allow dealers, lenders, and agents to either:
- Establish their own insurance companies for maximum profitability and tax benefits, or…
- Earn a percentage of underwriting profits without assuming risk.
By directing all or part of the premiums generated from consumer protection products back into their businesses, our clients are better positioned to build wealth over the long term and enhance dealer impact.
Reinsurance vs. retrospective agreements
While the term “reinsurance” is commonly used to refer to both reinsurance and retrospective structures, it’s important to understand the difference. DKP offers two kinds of profit participation plans:
Reinsurance plans increase dealer impact
The reinsurance concept allows the dealer, lender, or agent to own and control their own insurance company, which accepts premiums generated from vehicle service agreements and other aftermarket products. These companies are known as producer-owned reinsurance companies (PORC) or producer-affiliated reinsurance companies (PARC). The insurance company holds the premium reserves and earns all of the underwriting profits, plus investment income from these premiums. These profits can be withdrawn monthly to provide working capital or create long-term wealth.
Retrospective plans increase dealer impact
The retrospective concept allows the owner to participate in a portion of the underwriting profits while assuming no risk. The administrator holds the premiums and allows the dealer, lender, or agent to take up to 80 percent of the underwriting profits on scheduled payout dates as long as the portfolio is performing. Unlike a PORC or PARC, there are no annual fees or tax preparation required for a retro agreement.